Ever since Bitcoin touched its all time high in May, the cryptocurrency world has been highly active. With more and more people entering the crypto market, the requirement of a reliable crypto exchange is now more than ever. One such platform that is helping Indian cryptocurrency traders buy & sell the popular coins is Giottus exchange.
What is Giottus?
Giottus is a cryptocurrency exchange based out of Chennai. It was founded in 2017 by 2 IIM Calcutta alumni Arjun Vijay & Vikram Subburaj.
Their aim is to provide a robust, trustworthy, and easy to use platform for the Indian cryptocurrency community.
Salient features of the Giottus Exchange –
- A powerful trading platform with zero downtime and lightning fast transaction speeds
- Multiple bank partners allowing instant INR deposits at zero fees
- State of the art security infrastructure to keep user account secured
- A robust customer care service department
The availability of instant INR deposit at zero cost is what caught my attention at the first place. Additionally, they list most of the famous cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Tron, etc. with INR pairing.
Both of these factors make Giottus a great option to trade digital currency in India.
How to sign up at Giottus?
The sign up process is quite straightforward. All you need to do is to provide your email address and mobile number and verify them.
Once you’re done with that, the next step is to complete the KYC process.
Like all other platforms, Giottus also requires you to provide your PAN details along with one ID proof (Aadhaar, Passport, etc.).
After completing KYC, you need to add your bank account and they verify the account by depositing INR 1 to it.
My experience with Giottus Exchange –
It has been 3 days that I’ve started trading with Giottus and my experience has been mixed. Below I have detailed the goods and the bads that I’ve experienced with Giottus –
- Really fast KYC (it literally took less than 10 minutes)
- Instant INR deposit (I totally loved this given the current situation of other service providers not being able to offer bank deposits)
- Comparable fees to other exchanges
- Decent UI which is good for new investors
- Less number of users which results in less trading volume. One of the crypto assets I checked there had zero volume for 6-8 hours across the day
- UI can be made even more simpler for the new crypto traders
Even though they have been around since 2017, Giottus has still not gathered a huge user base.
However, their services are aimed in the right direction and I believe that they have a huge room for growth in the future.
So, if you’re looking for a digital currency platform in India, then Giottus is surely an option you can check.
Liked what you read? Then get started with Giottus here.
Want to get started with buying cryptocurrency? Read our stepwise guide.
Know more about crypto investing in India here.
Ashish is Write it Right’s go to man for all things “Finance”. He started his passion for blogging and content writing during his college days back in 2013 and has been on and off ever since.
His hobbies include trying out different cuisines, binge watching shows, traveling and sleeping!!
Currently, he works full time as a Credit & Portfolio Manager and with his blogging, aims to educate the masses about Finance, Fintech and the Cryptocurrency revolution.